Here are your random facts for Thursday:
1. Wasabi was originally eaten with sushi to kill bacteria, not for its flavor. That’s not necessary now with modern sanitary conditions . . . but people still eat it out of habit.
2. The name for a group of ferrets is a “business.”
3. There are two McDonald’s locations where you can still get PIZZA. One is in Pomeroy, Ohio . . . one is in Spencer, West Virginia.
4. “M*A*S*H” . . . which was set during the Korean War . . . lasted almost four times longer on TV than the Korean War itself. “M*A*S*H*” lasted 11 years, the Korean War lasted three.
5. There are more tigers in Americans’ backyards than in the wild. There are only 3,200 tigers in the wild . . . and more than 4,000 being kept as exotic pets.